Friday 31 July 2015

HYALURONIC ACID - What & Why about this Product?



Hyaluronic ACID


So what's the deal with Hyaluronic acid and why should we use products that have this ingredient in it.  Well I sure as hell wanted to know, now in my thirties I want to keep my skin looking as young as possible for as long as possible.  Is this just a new craze or will it really work I hear you ask? I spend a lot of time in the sun throughout the year, so sun exposure would be a main damage to my skin.  

So here is the low down on where it's it found and what it actually does.


  • Hyaluronic Acid is found naturally in the body but as we age our ability to produce it is reduced, which can lead to wrinkles and dryer skin.
  • Hyaluronic Acid is a gel-like molecule that is capable of absorbing up to 1000 times its weight. It is a space-filler and a cushioning agent. Hyaluronic Acid cushions joints, nerves, hydrates skin and hair, and fills the eye.
  • It also acts like a magnet to water – so if you apply your moisturiser on top of a Hyaluronic Acid serum, it will hold on to the water in your moisturiser, allowing it to stay on the skin longer before evaporating. No other biological substance can hold and retain as much water.
  • A lack of Hyaluronic Acid in the skin leads to slower healing time and a higher risk of bacteria on the surface of the skin which can result in acne.
  • Hyaluronic Acid is anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, an antioxidant and a free radical scavenger. It stimulates the production of collagen, maintains skin elasticity and softens the skin.
So I've complied a list a a few products that are high in Hyaluronic Acid.

No. 1.  Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Serum.  This can be bought @ Boots or click here @ €56. Yes it's pricey but your skin will thank you for it. 


            
No. 2  GlamGlow Thirsty Mud - Face Mask @ Cloud 10 Beauty @ €56




No. 3  Nip+Fab Glycolic Fix Exfoliating Facial Pads @ Cloud 10 Beauty @ €13.95


One of my top tips would be adding a drop of the Advanced Night Repair Serum from Estee Lauder to your foundation (I add it to my Double Wear Makeup from Estee Lauder).  The Serum comes with a dropper so it's quite easy to do and then your skin is getting hydrated all day long.

These are only a few examples so if you would like me to do a full review on any of the products mentioned above please let me know.

I love to hear your thoughts on this.

Luv Eithne





No comments:

Post a Comment